Updated: Nov 30, 2020
Do you agree waiting for the movie to start before eating your popcorn is the hardest thing to do!?
Well I'm letting you know that all you need is 5 minutes before hitting play on your movie to make this delicious 3 ingredient popcorn in your own kitchen! Not only is it a healthier version from Smartfood, but you'll end up with twice as much popcorn for a fraction of the cost!
- 2 Tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Popcorn Kernels
- Dash of Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt
- Melt 3 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil in a pot over medium - high heat
- Once melted add 2 kernels to the oil and wait for them to pop
(this step ensures your oil is hot enough before adding in all of the other kernels)
- Once the two kernels have popped take your pot off the stove
- Immediately add in 1/3 cup of kernels and swirl the pot around coating all kernels in oil for 30 seconds
- Once 30 seconds has passed put the pot back on the burner and cover with a lid
- The kernels will begin to pop, while keeping the lid on do create a small opening to let out the steam to ensure your popcorn doesn't absorb the moisture
- Shaking the pot back and forth a couple times, once you start to only hear 2-3 kernels popping take your pot off the burner
- Immediately take off the lid and pour your popcorn in your bowl
- While still hot sprinkle your preference of salt over top and toss!
With my favourite chip flavour being salt and vinegar I buy salt and vinegar popcorn seasoning to curb my chip craving! Ketchup, Dill Pickle, White Cheddar whatever your flavour may be keep an eye out for your preferred seasoning next time you're in the grocery store!
AND if you have a sweet tooth try melting chocolate and drizzle over your popcorn sprinkling sea salt on top :)
If you do end up trying this popcorn recipe at home be sure to send me a note on Instagram (@howistayfit_) letting me know how it was