Looking for a protein packed and hearty soup? Then look for further!
Not only is this soup high in protein and fiber but it also came from my mother's wooden box of recipe cards that we can now make a HOWISTAYFIT family recipe!
- 1 Package of Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1 Diced Clove of Garlic
- 3 1/2 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 15oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can of White Beans (I used cannellini, can also use black beans)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne (option to add 1/4 tsp of Chili)
- 1/2 Bag of Spinach (steams cut off + copped)
- 1 Large pot to cook everything in!
- Add package of turkey to your pot, cook fully until brown then remove
- Add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil then your onion (cook for 2 minutes)
- Next add your garlic and sauté until soft (~1 minute)
- Add your cooked ground turkey back into the pot
- Add 3 1/2 cups of your chicken broth, can of diced tomatoes, white beans, salt and cayenne
- Option to add 1/4 cup of pasta at this stage
- Simmer for 15 minutes
- Add 1/2 bag of spinach during the last few minutes of simmering
- Option to sprinkle fresh parmesan cheese before serving
In addition to Mom's Greens & Beans Soup for lunch we also have Loblaw's Fig, Walnut and Raisin Bread with a side of Microgreens held in our Green Meal Prep Kit!